Shoes.

09:58

I have a right old footwear fiasco when the weather starts to turn more Spring-y. I spend the entire time from October through to March in black boots or trainers and then suddenly, when I re-introduce lighter colours / less layers into my day-to-day wardrobe, they immediately look all butch and inappropriate on the end of my little legs.

Standard ballet pumps are a problem for me because they remind me so much of my later wilderness years - between the age of about 15 and 21 - where I just didn't know how to dress WHATSOEVER, so went for the most mainstream attire I could find and hoped for the best. They also just end up stinking - let's not be at all shy about this - at the end of a day where you've attempted to create a barrier between foot and shoe using a little elasticated 'pop sock' and it's just failed miserably. Not okay and so emotionally distressing when the damn sock pops off your ankle and rolls down inside your already slightly clammy pump. EW.

I suppose the next step towards summer would be foot exposure in some strappy sandals, but these are just way too too much too soon until about mid-July when the UK (hopefully) finally sees some proper sunshine. Also, I have a total aversion to pale feet in sandals so I'll need to actually catch some sun before that's resolved. 

I've been searching the internet for the perfect SHOES (not trainers, not boots, not sandals) and here's what's now on my purchase hit-list for March / April. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe