May's Beauty Must-Haves

07:54

Oh hello there, it's me again. My excuse for a lack of blogging activity this time is that I've had a  couple of months where it's felt like my body has been fighting against me and malfunctioning in a way I've never experience before. It all started with a bad cold at the end of January, developed into a chest infection which strained my rib (again), my attractive face-eczema joined the party with a major flare-up in February, and it all climaxed with a horrific kidney infection at the end of March. So, I didn't feel much like blogging loads and I truly spent so much time napping in bed feeling sorry for myself I genuinely wondered if I was getting seasonal affective disorder on the side (drama queen). 

Anyway, coming out the other side (I'm aliiiiiiiveeeee!) I thought now was as good a time as any to big up some beauty/skincare/hair care products that have helped to make me feel a little bit more like me again. So here's my top 5 must-haves for May. 

_______________________________


1. Nothing new to see here, but I really have done some pretty intense research in the conditioning treatment market and have ended up back where I started. I always used to be loyal to Aussie haircare, but talked myself into being really put off by the prices of  last year when I was being "sensible". Silly really, as Boots & Superdrug regularly have three-for-two offers on their shampoos/conditioners/treatments and BOOM I'm back in love with the 3-Minute Miracle Reconstructer. 




















2. This was a lovely birthday gift from my friend Emma. I've owned a few Topshop beauty bits in the past but never one of these Lip Polishes. I have always liked their lipsticks but found them a little drying and I literally HATE claggy (you heard), patchy colour at the end of a night. Lo and behold, this lip glaze remedies that problem and is so moisturising (as well as long-lasting) that I wanted to kiss myself when I wore it on Saturday night. 





















3. Thanks to Jessie J, who posted this wonder product on her Instagram feed, my eczema is now fully under my control. If I'm a little tired or run down and I can feel the familiar itchy/dry sensation building, all I have to do is sleep with a 'mask' of this thick oily cream on my face and it can nip a flare-up in the bud. If I leave it too late and my skin is irritated, it's the only thing that calms and cools it. Honestly, BUY THIS NOW if you suffer from any sort of dry skin complaint. You sooo won't regret it.





















4. Oh, Baby Skin Anti-Fatigue Primer from Maybelline, how did I ever live without you?! This cheeky little tube of joy really does do what it says on the tin, quickly and easily blurring away eye bags, imperfections or uneven skin texture to give you a fresh-faced appearance. When I don't want to wear any makeup (or am feeling rough) this is my go-to, but it also sits nicely underneath foundation/powder as a base. A teeny tiny blob of this goes a really long way, so whilst £7.49 looks like a lot of money for the amount of product, I'd say it's worth it.





















5. AND FINALLY, those amongst you with too much time on your hands might realise that I've mentioned this product before. So the fact that it's popped up here AGAIN tells you that I do think it's really rather bloody excellent. After years of drawing on my brows with pencils, I finally took the plunge and now have a gorgeous set of semi-permanent brows which I'm deeply in love with. Really, they don't need any touching up on a daily basis, but if I'm rocking particularly dark eye-makeup or I'm nearing my next treatment and the tattoo has faded slightly, this Gosh Brow Pen is ideal for filling in a bit of colour and shade. It won't smudge or budge until you use makeup remover so it's a great holiday companion because sweat (mmm) and swimming pools won't phase it. 








You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe