Highs and lows.

06:39

Sorry for the silence the past couple of weeks - as I may have mentioned (about a million times) in past posts, I MOVED INTO MY NEW FLAT!! Obviously, whilst I was unpacking boxes and tackling flatpack furniture blogging took a back seat. 

My little nest or 'pad' - as my Mum has affectionately named it due to it's dinky dimensions - is literally perfect. I wake up every morning and have a little stare about the place and a smug grin to myself. 

The only downside is that I live above a proper strange nutter called Leonard who's an alcoholic and on a completely different day/night schedule to every normal human. His TV turns on at about 11pm and it eventually goes off at 7am and if I'm honest I'd have to say it's one or two notches too loud all the way through... but I'm managing to sleep and a bit of back ground noise just reminds me I'm in central London, right? HA. We'll see how long it takes me to go down there and tell him to STOP IT. (Except I'm not going alone in case he takes me hostage or something.)

ANYWAY, aside from the move being exciting and overall a huge success, I had to attend a funeral  on Thursday. One of my best friends from school has just been shattered by the tragic death of her older brother from Sudden Adult Death syndrome and the service was really, really beautiful but just so sad. 

The family had put together the most fantastic image / tweet montages and chosen totally beautiful poems and songs. The quote at the very bottom of this post is something that was printed on all the orders of service, and is something I'm absolutely determined to live by because sometimes life really is too short. It's a new year's resolution of sorts, just a few months early.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe