An interesting development.

06:23

Suddenly, for NO apparent reason, I've developed eczema around my eyes. It started two weeks ago when I woke up with burning, itchy, red skin around my eyes (it was like Halloween had come early - so not ideal). I assumed it was an allergy - even thought I'm the most UN-allergic person ever - so I went to get advice from the Doctor's. Even they were shocked at how absolutely tragic my face looked, and they weren't too sure exactly what it was either so gave me strong anti-allergy / anti-inflammatory tablets to take and some reassuring words such as "see how it goes".

A week or so later with no major improvement I turned to Google. Obviously when you type any sort of symptoms into the internet it tells you you may be dying of some hideous disease, and there were so many useless home remedies suggested.. but THEN I found the world's most helpful blog post right here.  The photos of her eyes when they're bad are EXACTLY how my face looked, so you can get an idea of what I was having to work with. I spent quite a few days with my fringe over my face and wearing sunglasses in the rain.

The product recommended is specifically for people who suffer from eye eczema, also known as eye dermatitis, which is actually a slightly different rash than your normal type of body eczema. Because the skin around your eyes is so thin and sensitive, even creams like E45 are too harsh - I found this out after plastering it on and crying for half an hour.

Dr. Organics Manuka Honey Remedy Cream is available at Holland & Barrett and even though it's quite expensive (I got mine on offer 2-for-1 and paid £8.99) it's literally saved my face and is the ONLY thing that soothes my skin when it flares up. 








You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe