Perfect Jumpsuit : Mission Complete.

05:39

Being a girl of the particularly short / stumpy variety, finding the perfect black jumpsuit that isn't a metre too long in the leg has proved really quite tricky. Add into that the fact I usually need to go up a size to get the extra room for my boobs and bum, and that I would still like the option to sit down without the fear of ripping a seam / a horrific wedgie, and you start to see the problem here. 

Over the summer, I panicked about how long it was taking to find something that ticked my boxes and I panic-bought a really simple black version from River Island for £45. It's not that this jumpsuit is a dreadful fit but it weirdly pulls up and backwards and makes me feel a bit strangled, and at the end of the day it's so simple and so plain it's a slight disappointment to me. 

So about a month ago, and with Christmas plans looming over me, I re-started the quest for perfection. I just wanted a classic, well-fitting jumpsuit, with some sort of detailing to give it a point of difference. After traipsing around Topshop, River Island, Zara... - the usual suspects - I headed to New Look as an absolute last resort. Don't get me wrong, I do like NL, but find their separates are usually a better cut and nicer fit. 

HOW WRONG I WAS. This Black Jumpsuit (for just £34.99) is probably one of my favourite ever purchases. It's got a boned, lace-covered, sweetheart bodice and tailored peg leg trousers. It's not miles too long (I just wore it with the hem folded up), the bodice really sucks in my waist and the eyelash lace is a pretty detail around the neckline. I mean, I'll stop obsessing over it now, but I really can't recommend this enough. 

FIND IT ONLINE HERE. It's pretty much true to size overall, I only bought a size bigger to allow myself to breathe easily - the cups in the bodice are cut SMALL and four boobs isn't a great look.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe