DIY floral lampshade.

02:59

My desk buddy and brand new blogger Clueless Amber showed me this amazing post from www.mrkate.com and I've literally fallen in love with the idea. In the original video (here) Kate uses lots of the same flower to cover her shades but I like the idea of having a less 'perfect' finish and a more meadow flower kind of mix. Yep, I actually said meadow flower mix.





I suppose the only thing with using different sized flowers is that I'd have to buy more to make sure it's properly covered, but having found the flowers above from Ikea, Wilkinsons and Hobby Craft for around £1.50 each, I think it would work if I stuck to larger ones as a base and then bought a few daintier, prettier ones to layer up. 

I'll be able to get a really cheap and cheerful shade like the one below from Ikea (maybe a spare one for testing/mistakes) and will be having a look at eBay and junk shops for a vintage base. In reality, the cost of making this will probably be the same as buying a new lamp anyway, especially when for some bizarre reason the price of glue guns seems to be extortionate.. but I think it's worth doing for the individuality. It's going to look so pretty.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe