Beauty Crush.

04:46

All the beauty must-haves for AW15... according to me. (& some random people on the train who were raving about Max Factor Pan Stick while I was fully listening to their whole conversation and staring at their perfect faces. Thanks gals.)





1. Max Factor Pan Stick. Apparently 'not as thick and gunky as you expect' and 'literally the easiest thing to use ever'... 'you just scribble it on your face'. This is currently on my weekend shopping list because honestly, the girls on the train had the most beautifully matte faces and the range of skin shades available (browse here) will suit ALL skin tones. 

2. Oh Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Concealer how did I live before you? Twist the bottom of this easy applicator pen to load the brush and glide it over your eyebrows arches, imaginary cheekbones, nose and chin for a glow Kim K would be proud of. I hate it when highlighters are too shimmery, but this little number manages to have a soft sheen without looking cheap. Smashed it.

3. This Contouring Brush by Real Techniques is 100% worth getting hold of if, like me, you were blessed with 'cute' chubby cheeks as opposed to womanly, sexy cheekbones. I don't actually own it, but my friend at work does, and after borrowing it to do a last-minute bit of makeup before a meeting the other day, I can fully see myself hunting this beauty down asap. It's only £9.99 in Boots at the moment, which is much more realistic than some of the over-priced competition.

4. So, I've said it before and I'll say it again, but my hair is out of all control. Actually it's out of control 95% of the time where I cannot be bothered to set aside the 2 hours needed to wash, blow-dry and straighten it. Leaving my hair to dry naturally is not an easy option for me, but damaging it with heat styling is the price I pay. Anyway, after lots of market research (see: buying whatever smoothing product was on offer) I found this gem in TK Maxx. Bed Head Blow Dry Lotion is light, easy to use and actually DOES smooth the hair and make blow-drying an all round nicer experience. Most importantly the effects last more than just one day which is a dream.

5. An oldie but a goodie, no mascara will ever come close to Maxfactor 2000 Calorie for me.  It lengthens and thickens without lashes going all spidery and I like that they haven't tried to do anything fancy with the brush. Maxfactor are true advocates of the 'if it 'aint broke don't fix it' mantra and I love that. Unfortunately, in a moment of weakness (and dire financial straits) I panic-purchased Collection Big Fake Curves mascara and I legit hate it. My bad. 

6. Rimmel "Nudes" by Kate Moss. I actually did that awkward thing where you approach someone in the street to ask where something it from. Only because this girl had the nicest nudey-kylie-jennery pout and I couldn't resist, not because I am going to make a habit of being one of those people. Anyway I am now the proud owner of shade 040 Pale Nude and seriously considering pushing the boat out and buying 043 Tan Nude also.

7. PANIC STATIONS I am featuring a nail varnish that ISN'T NUDE. Basically, my long-standing issue with other colours is that once they loose their initial shine, dark colours show up scratches and chips so easily and I really can't abide by less-than-perfect nails. However, OPI have just launched their Infinite Shine collection and my nail guy (haha yep you heard) has persuaded me to try this colour - "Raisin' the Bar" next time I go in. He's pretty in-the-know about great varnishes so I'm going to trust him and give it a go. It's such a gorgeous shade.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe